The Cubs (62-84) lost another series to a team with a losing record over the weekend, this time dropping two of three to Colorado Rockies at Wrigley Field. A sputtering offense has really hurt Chicago recently as they have seen their record drop. Next up is a trip to Miami and a matchup with the scuffling Marlins.
Miami (60-87) is a dreadful 17-39 in the second half of 2022 thanks to one of the worst hitting attacks in baseball. Losing Jazz Chisholm Jr. to injury really degraded what was an already weak unit. Entering this series, Garrett Cooper‘s .750 OPS makes him the only current member of the team exceeding the .700 mark.
The Miami rotation has been good, although the Cubs will miss staff ace Sandy Alcantara. The bullpen has been a different story with closer Tanner Scott posting an ERA of 4.49 and the group as a whole putting up a 4.19 ERA. That mark stands at 4.42 in the second half.
This series features two weak-hitting teams and should produce a few low-scoring games. It won’t be very good baseball, but at least it should be over pretty quickly.
Game Time and Broadcast Info
- Monday, September 19 at 5:40pm CT on Marquee Sports Network.
- Tuesday, September 20 at 5:40pm CT on Marquee Sports Network.
- Wednesday, September 21 at 5:40pm CT on Marquee Sports Network.
What to Watch For
- Seiya Suzuki may come off of a paternity list for this series.
- The Cubs scored a whopping five combined runs against the struggling Rockies pitching staff last series.
- Chicago’s two lefty starters, Miley and Smyly, have been terrific down the stretch.