Chicago’s offensive woes continued in LA and the Dodgers were able to win the final three games. Now they face a big challenge against the first place Milwaukee Brewers.
The Brewers continue to tear through their very easy schedule in the month of June. They are driven by their excellent pitching staff lead by top starters Corbin Burnes and Brandon Woodruff. The back end of the bullpen is as good as ever with Josh Hader dominating in All-Star form again.
Offensively the brew crew has not been nearly as good as their pitching. The offense has the worst batting average with runners in scoring position in all of baseball and even former MVP Christian Yelich has struggled. Milwaukee is hoping that the return of Keston Hiura will help give a boost to the bats after he was sent to AAA earlier in the year.
The Cubs sit three games behind the Brewers after the weekend series in LA went badly. While not critical, winning this series would be a nice boost for the Cubs to cap off this challenging month. They certainly don’t want to fall six games back with a sweep. We don’t want Jed Hoyer and crew to go back to sell mode if things go wrong, so let’s win the series shall we.
Game Time and Broadcast Info
- Monday, June 28 at 7:10pm CT on Marquee
- Tuesday, June 29 at 7:10pm CT on Marquee
- Wednesday, June 30 at 1:10pm CT on Marquee
What to Watch For
- Jason Heyward reached base 10 times against the Dodgers in the weekend series. hopefully, he keeps that up.
- Hendricks has been very good. In fact, the Cubs have won his last eight starts. They will need an effort like that again in Milwaukee.
- The Brewers have two of their top three starters lined up to face Chicago this series so it’s not gonna be any easier for Cubs hitters.