Cubs @ White Sox Series Preview (July 6-7): TV and Game Info, Starting Pitchers, Insights
The Cubs’ rough stretch continued as they dropped three of four in Pittsburgh, but a big win in the final game Thursday salvaged a little something. Still, Chicago has looked sloppy and almost uninterested at times during this lackluster stretch and they head into the much needed All-Star break with two games against the crosstown White Sox at Guaranteed Rate Field.
The Sox continue to progress in their rebuild, with the latest step coming when former Cubs prospect Dylan Cease made his debut during Wednesday’s doubleheader. The teams split a pair of games at Wrigley in June and the Pale Hose are threatening the .500 mark with a 41-43 record.
The Cubs had their own exciting major league debut when infielder Robel Garcia got the call in Pittsburgh. The powerful switch-hitter could be the spark the team needs as they search for better production at second base, and he homered and tripled in his first start on Thursday.
It would be nice if the North Siders could hit the break on a high note. It won’t be easy, but it would help fans relax even if just for a day or two.
Game Time and Broadcast Info
- Saturday, July 6 at 6:15 CT on FOX
- Sunday, July 7 at 1:10 CT on NBC Sports Chicago
What to Watch For
- Jason Heyward has missed the last two games after making a diving catch Tuesday. He was the Cubs’ hottest hitter before that.
- Willson Contreras hit .462 against the Pirates as he starts to heat back up.
- Craig Kimbrel has allowed runs in his last two outings. Some rust is to be expected after missing half the season, but let’s hope it’s gone soon.