Cubs v. Cardinals: Series Preview – Sept 23-25; TV & Game Info, Pitching Match-ups, More
The St. Louis Cardinals (80-72) come to Wrigley Field this weekend trying to keep their heads above water in the Wild Card race. Meanwhile, the Chicago Cubs (97-55) would love nothing more then to sweep the Cardinals and, in the process, secure home field advantage throughout the National League playoffs.
Game times and broadcast info
- Friday, Sept 23, 1:20 PM CT on ESPN, ABC 7
- Saturday, Sept 24, 12:05 PM CT on FOX
- Sunday, Sept 25, 7:08 PM CT on ESPN
What to watch for
- The Cubs are 8-8 in head-to-head games against the Cardinals this season. If the Cubs win 2-of-3 they will capture the season series against the Cardinals.
- The Cardinals are battling the Giants and the Mets for the two National League Wild Card spots. The Cardinals are currently a half game back, due to their off-day on Thursday, but they all three have the same number of losses (72). Expect the Cardinals to come out with playoff intensity in this series as they attempt to secure one of the coveted Wild Card spots.
- The Cubs magic number for home field advantage in the National League playoffs is 2. With 10 games left, they control their own destiny. It’ possible that they can clinch today if the Nationals lose to Pittsburgh.