Man, this team is so entertaining to watch. From top to bottom, there are so many fun things that have happened this season and it’s really only just begun.
The Cubs (37-15) have won eight of their last nine games as the Diamondbacks (24-32) come to town to close out this home stand. I really want to see the Cubs put the pedal down and just crush the Dbacks this weekend. It’s what should happen, it’s what all Cubs fans want to see and it’s also why they make them play.
Game times and broadcast info
- Friday, June 3 at 1:20 PM CDT on CSN
- Saturday, June 4 at 1:20 PM CDT on WGN
- Sunday, June 5 at 1:20 PM CDT on CSN
What to watch for
- As we mentioned, the Cubs have won 8-of-9 games. Arizona, on the other hand, comes to town having lost 7 of their last 10 games. These teams are heading in opposite directions so it’s going to be important for the Cubs to stay focused and execute well so they can win this series.
- Ben Zobrist’s hitting streak ended at 15 games and he went 0-for-6 in the series against the Dodgers after sitting the first and last games. Ben should play in all three games in this series and I’m looking for him to start a up a new streak.
- The Diamondbacks have the fourth worst team ERA (4.76) in the league. This is a good opportunity for the Cubs to pounce on a bruised and battered pitching staff. The Cubs have had some trouble against mediocre pitching at time this year. As the weather warms in Chicago, that trend should stop.