There’s no doubt the Cubs are riding high after their dominating performances last week, sweeping two of the best teams in the National League and outscoring them by a combined 24 runs or 3.4 runs per game. They’ll be looking to avoid a let down against the San Diego Padres who have the second worst record in the National League.
Game times and broadcast info
- Monday, May 9 at 7:05 PM CDT on CSN
- Tuesday, May 10 at 7:05 PM CDT on WPWR
- Wednesday, May 11 at 7:05 PM CDT on CSN
What to watch for
- The thought of playing the Padres, especially after sweeping the Pirates and Nationals, likely doesn’t have many Cubs’ fans concerned. San Diego is 6-4 in their last ten games. More impressively, in their last three series they’ve split four games with the Mets and won 2 of 3 from both the Rockies and the Dodgers. This team is not to be overlooked.
- Miguel Montero is eligible to return from the DL as earlier as Tuesday. If he can return that would mean that Tim Federowicz would be sent back to AAA Iowa.
- There’s rain in the forecast for Monday and Tuesday’s games. The Cubs have already had two games rescheduled so far this year. A third postponement would be a lot for this early in the year and take away from some needed rest time later, when they’ll have to make it up. Hopefully the weather holds.